Saturday, March 7, 2015

Once Upon a Vine-Fairy Tale-Inspired Wine

In Gypsy's latest link roundup at Once Upon a Blog, she shared a Frog Prince inspired wine, which reminded me that a while ago I spotted fairy tale-inspired wines at Marianos and meant to share them here, but forgot!

Once Upon a Vine is a pun just waiting to be made, and I for one am glad they did! Above are their 2013 products "A Charming Pinot," "Lost Slipper Sauvignon Blanc," "The Big Bad Red Blend," and "The Fairest Chardonnay." There is also a limited edition "Enchanted Woods Bubbly." At $10 or $11 a bottle, they're really quite affordable, although I haven't tried these (I stick to the $3 wines available at Aldis and Trader Joes).




7 comments:

  1. For judging a story slam, I once got a bottle of wine called Storyteller. I gave it to my folks because I don't drink wine (or any alcohol for that matter). I suppose I could have cooked with it.

    I kind of want to make a joke about the "Charming Pinot". I mean, what is it, a wine that just shows up at the end of dinner to conveniently resolve everything? :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a great punchline for a story Adam!

      Delete
    2. Lol! But, the stereotypical prince charming does fit pretty well into the idea of wine at the end of a meal!

      Delete
  2. I hadn't seen the Enchanted Bubbly. I'm such a sucker for amazing wine and beer labels, but I don't drink that much and beer I gave up trying to like a long time ago (shh! don't tell my Aussie friends!). I did, however, try two of these, the reds (yes, I'm a red wine drinker when I do), and, um, I didn't even cook with it... They're still selling I believe though, so someone likes them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I too don't really like beer! Just as well, since Tony can't have gluten. Bummer that the red wines disappointed you, but good to know!

      Delete
  3. Hi Kristin,

    I couldn't figure out how to contact you directly so thought I would leave a post here.
    I found your awesome blog in my research of all things related to fairy tales. I have been researching them intensively for the last year or so as I am creating a boardgame set in the fairy tale world of the Three Little Pigs. I love the analysis you do of fairy tales and as my game is a retelling of a classic tale I would love to hear your thoughts on the narrative of the game and the original art. I was wondering if you might be interested in sharing some information about my game on your blog. If so please email me at timeisner1 (at) gmail.com

    Thanks for an awesome blog!

    Tim Eisner
    Weird City Games

    ReplyDelete