Sunday, January 3, 2016

Blogger Meetup (and Fairy Tale Tea!)

By far, one of the best perks of blogging is getting to interact with amazing people all over the world. I've been following Amy Elize Brown of The Willow Web (now transitioning to a new website, Amyelize.com) for a while now, and loving her insights into fairy tales, especially her research into Sleeping Beauty for her dissertation. You may remember reading some of her most interesting discoveries in her guest post here at Tales of Faerie, 5 Strangest Things I Learned about Sleeping Beauty.

Amy lives in England, so I had never really considered the possibility of being able to meet her in person, but I was thrilled to hear she was coming to Chicago last month! We met up for tea and then explored the German Christmas Market for a bit, a favorite Chicago tradition of mine.

Amy is just as sweet in real life as she is online! (Not to mention I am super jealous of her amazing British accent!) It was fun to search for all the fairy tale themed things at the Christmas Market, and you can see more of her pictures at her blog (including the Fairy Castle at the Museum of Science and Industry!). It was great to meet Amy and her friends, and she was kind enough to bring me some souvenirs from England, including this fabulously appropriate Winter Fairytale Tea!


6 comments:

  1. It's always exciting to meet someone you've admired on line, isn't it? Unfortunately, most of the local bloggers I had the chance to meet have gone and moved overseas! :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still kind of blows my mind that I was able to do it! It was such a great opportunity.

      Delete
    2. Hey Kristin, I was wondering if I could provide you some more books that you might enjoy. Could you email me at cgadoury16@yahoo.com? Thanks!

      Delete
  2. It's great that you two got to meet. Color me jealous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my wildest dreams, one day there would be a big fairy tale blogger meetup...

      Delete
    2. We could all get together and play Once Upon a Time or something. :p

      Delete