Monday, September 20, 2010

Random

I didn't expect to come across Beauty and the Beast over on the cheeseburger network of all places (the home of lolcats and fail blog, among other things) but this picture was on historic LOLs. I was debating whether or not to post it, since I don't think it's that funny, and it doesn't look to me like her knee is anywhere close to his groin...is that just me? Unless the leg we see is his right leg because his left was somehow amputated...


This is Nightwish doing a cover of Megadeth's "Symphony of Destruction." If you don't like metal don't listen, I'm just posting it because the lyrics of the chorus refer to a fairy tale:

"Just like Pied Piper/Led rats through the streets/Just like marionettes/Sway to the symphony of destruction."

I can't remember ever reading the story of the Pied Piper, or coming across it in scholarship about fairy tales, but it's somehow something everyone is familiar with. The only version I can remember reading is Tanith Lee's thought-provoking tale in "Red as Blood: Tales from the Sisters Grimmer."

No comments:

Post a Comment