Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Faerie Snippets

I'm back! My trip was absolutely fantastic!

I love Europe. I always feel a little bit like I've stepped back in time when I go there. After our music trip was over, I stayed a few nights in a tiny, quaint German town that literally felt like a scene from a children's story book.

My friend and I hiked up a mountain to an old castle ruins, from the top of which you could look simultaneously into France and Switzerland.

And I did end up going to Disneyland Paris! Don't worry, I also saw the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and walked along the Seine and all that too. Overall, I do like the American Disneylands better, but I'm glad I went. There were some things in Paris I liked better. And, it's different enough from America that it's worth it for Disney Park fans to go just to see what's different.





Between Disneyland in California and Disney World in Florida, though each park has its own unique rides, the rides that they share are pretty much identical on the inside. In general, the Parisian fantasyland dark rides were all pretty much the same. Other rides were altered slightly, and some were very different. I was so excited that they had the Indiana Jones ride-my friend had never been to Disneyland and I kept trying to explain how unbelievable this ride is. And then we got there, and it was just a roller coaster. (Really, you have to experience the California Indiana Jones ride to understand why a roller coaster is a disappointment).

Storybook Land!


Beauty and the Beast!


Back to Germany. These little garden gnomes are all over. Do you spot Snow White and the Seven Dwarves and a fairy in this window?



And...Little Red Riding Hood Camembert cheese!



No comments:

Post a Comment